Monday, July 28, 2008

The Collision

You are the only magic I’ve ever known
You don’t complete me-
Only help me grow
I love you all the time, every single day
I love you even more than words will let me say
After all this time, I still can’t believe
I’ve tricked you into loving me.
And now we’re here we can’t turn back
You’re in it now Kid,
You’re on my track
I’m so glad that we decided to try
Because now we’re the team of you and I
So help me now to stand up tall
Because you’re the one who made me fall

Please, please
Just look at my face
Hold me close in your embrace
‘Cause the moments spent just you and me
Are the moments where I feel most free
Please, please
Hold out your hand
Our dreams will come true- just like we planned
Just let go and take this step
It’ll be a step you won’t regret

It’s been a lot harder than I thought it would
I wondered if-
If we even could
Make it though our latest fight
Neither conceding the other could be right
Sometimes we may stray from the plans
But I never fold a winning hand
I’ve always known that you’re my home
And if I called
I know you’d come
And when I think I can’t get through
I close my eyes and try and trust
Because we were here- just me and you
And God took that and made an us.

Take one deep breath, because maybe, if we try
We can have a love even time will pass by

Please, please
Just look at my face
We have a love time can’t erase
All the moments spent just you and me
Are the moments that create a we
Please, please
Hold out your hand
We’ll create a strength and we will stand
A whole made from two singular parts
Two beings colliding, creating one heart

No comments: